How do I merge student portfolios?
If your school recently added data integration and your students previously used Career Cruising OR if a student has moved to your school from out of district and has an existing account, you may want to merge their existing Career Cruising account with their new, data-integrated account. Merging student accounts is only possible if your school is Data Integrated (?).
To merge accounts:
- From your Advisor Homepage, click Search for Students.
- Enter the student's name or ID and click Submit.
- Click the View/Action drop-down menu beside the student's name and select Merge Portfolios.
- You'll see the student's current login information for the data-integrated account. This account houses the student's course planner, which will be preserved. Any other work in this account will be lost following the merge (if you've recently moved to data integration, the student likely will have little to no work in this account).
- You'll then be asked to enter the login information for the account containing the portfolio work (saved assessments, careers, schools, etc.) and choose the information you want to keep. This is the student's old account and will no longer be available after the merge. Click Next.
- You'll now have the opportunity to review the details for the account to be merged. To confirm the merge, click Save. The accounts will merge and the student will see the information from their old account when they next log in to their data-integrated account.