How can I override a prerequisite requirement for a student?
If a student requests a course where they haven't completed the prerequisite, they'll receive a red warning flag and won't be able to submit Course Planner.
If you've determined the student is eligible to take the course, here's how you can override the red warning flag:
- From your Advisor Homepage, click Search for Students.
- Enter the student's name or ID and click Submit.
- Click the View/Action drop-down menu beside the student's name and select Course Planner.
- On the next page, from the View/Action drop-down menu, select CP-Administration
- View the list under Course Selections and check the box beside the course(s) you want to override the warning flag on. Click Save Changes. The page will reload and the course will be approved. The course will also be locked, so the student cannot remove it from their Course Planner.
If the locked course needs to be removed from the student's Course Planner, follow steps 1-4 above, then:
- View the list under Course Selections and uncheck the box beside the course(s). Click Save Changes.
- The student will be able to remove the course from their Course Planner themselves, or you can click the grey X beside the course name to reload the page and remove the course from the student's Course Planner.