Career Cruising Student Data Submission
ccSPARK! (K-5) and MY PLAN (6-12) STUDENT DATA SUBMISSION
ABOUT THE STUDENT DATA IMPORT SERVICE
Our Student Data Import Service allows a school/district to submit a list of all of their students so that we can update student information within the Career Cruising system. This will allow us to:
- Create My Plan accounts for all new students.
- Deactivate student My Plan accounts not listed in the file (e.g. students no longer attending a school in the district).
- Update grade level and school of all My Plan accounts, if necessary.
- Transfer My Plan accounts to other schools in the district, if necessary.
CAREER CRUISING USERNAME & PASSWORD FORMATS
|Option A||Option B||Option C|
|Forced Password Change (K-5)||Not Required|
|Forced Password Change (6-12)||Required||Not Required||Not Required|
- All usernames must have a prefix (2-4 characters) followed by a hyphen.
- Once a prefix is used, no other schools or districts may use that prefix.
- Please contact us for prefix availability.
Patterned Passwords (birthdate): Currently, the only patterned data that Career Cruising accepts for use in passwords is the student's birthday, and only with the restriction that the password must be changed the first time that the student logs in. The only exception to this is for students K-5 in which case the forced password change would not be applied.
i.e. 09141999 (mmddyyyy)
Random Passwords: Career Cruising can automatically assign randomly generated 6-digit passwords to students when the data file is uploaded. Only the passwords generated by Career Cruising can be considered random.
Secure Passwords:Data that is considered secure is not distributed publicly and is not readily discernable through basic knowledge of the student. For instance, the student's birthday or phone number is not secure data.
FORCED PASSWORD CHANGE
Students are only required to select a new password the first time they login to their My Plan, and must meet the following requirements.
- Minimum 6 characters and must include one letter and one number.
- Cannot be the same as the old password or the same as the username.
DATA FIELDS FOR THE CAREER CRUISING UPLOAD
This file identifies all students that will use Career Cruising (K through 12). Please submit your student data in an Excel spreadsheet without fixed-width columns.
|Username (Student ID)||First Name||Last Name||Gender||Grade||Password||School Code||Email Address (Optional)|
|Alphanumeric, 50 char. max.||M or F||Numeric, 2 char. max.||Alphanumeric, 50 char. max.||School code or name||Optional. Must be a district or school supplied email account.|
- The Password field need only be provided if you wish secure or patterned passwords to be assigned to accounts during the upload. Otherwise, the Password column can be omitted.
- The prefix does not need to be included within the file as it will be appended upon upload.
- You cannot include the following characters in the username: - (hyphen), ' (apostrophe), % (percent). If possible, use only letters and numbers.
- Please include the following information in the body of your email:
- School name(s) in full, along with the school code used in the data file.
- School address
- Contact name, phone number, and email.
- Please send complete files to: email@example.com
Once your file has been received, you will receive a confirmation notice at the contact email listed. Correctly formatted files will be imported within 7-10 business days. We recommend submitting files at least two weeks prior to when you intend to use the program to avoid delays in getting started.
The school(s) will be responsible for any changes to the information after the upload is completed. Administrative fees may apply for the deletion and re-upload of any files.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-800-965-8541 ext. 101.