How do I create a new Advisor account for a colleague?
Advisors with the security access level of School Administrator/Counselor or higher can add new Advisors to the Career Advisor Management System (CAMS). For more information on CAMS security levels, see this document.
Here's how to add a new Advisor if your security access allows it:
1. From your Advisor Homepage, under the Advisor Administration section, click Add New Advisor*.
*If the Add New Advisor link is not available, click View List of All Advisors and select Add a New Access Account. Proceed from Step 2.
2. Complete the Advisor Information form and click Save. As an option, select Email this login information to the new Advisor.
3. You 'll receive a confirmation pop-up with the message The new Advisor has been added.
If you have access to the Regional Reporting System (RRS) you are also able to provide CAMS access to staff at one of the schools in your region or district.
Here's how to add a new Advisor from the RRS:
- From your Administrator Homepage, under Accounts on the left-hand side, click the blue CAMS Accounts button.
- Select a school from the drop-down menu and click Submit.
- You will then see a list of all of the current advisors at that school. To add a new advisor, click on the link to add new advisor at the top of the screen.
- Complete the Advisor Information form and click Save. As an option, you can select Email this login information to the new Advisor.
- You'll receive a confirmation pop-up with the message The new Advisor has been added.
*If you are a user from Wisconsin, please click here.