How do I enable students to select alternate or back-up courses?
You can add slots in Course Planner that allow students to select alternate courses in case their first choice isn't available. These slots will appear on the student's Course Planner under their regular requests.
To enable students to select Alternate Slots:
- From your Advisor Homepage, click Course Planner.
- Under Administrative Tools, click Grade Settings.
- Click the edit (pencil) icon for the grade you'd like to add alternate settings.
- Scroll down on the Grade Settings page. Within the Alternate Rule drop-down menu, make one of the following selections:
None: The option to select Alternate courses will not be available.
Additional Forced: Students will have to select additional course(s). Please set the Alternate Slots Min and Max number to set the number of alternates students will be required to select.
One to One Enforced: For every elective selected, students must select an Alternate.
One to One Optional: For every elective selected, students have the option to select an Alternate. Please set the number of Alternate Slots to appear if choosing this setting.
- Once a selection has been made, click Submit. Your settings will be saved and you'll return to the Grade Settings page. Follow the steps again to edit alternate course settings in other grades.