How do I create assignments/activities for students?
Career Cruising for K-12 lets Advisors create assignments and activities for students in the Career Advisor Management System (CAMS), including due dates and completion details. Students must upload a document to the assignment or activity through their My Plan account for it to be marked as complete.
To create an assignment or activity:
- From your Advisor Homepage, click Assignments & Activities.
- Click the Add New Assignment button.
- Complete the form with the details of your assignment, including Activity Name, Due Date (optional) and Description (optional).
- Choose which student(s) should see the assignment/activity by choosing from the following options:
- All students in the school
- All students in a specific grade (select the grade)
- All my students (students assigned to you)
- All my students in a specific grade (select the grade)
- All students in a specific group (read more about student groups)
- Click Next to continue creating the assignment/activity. You'll have the option to add one or more files (template, worksheet, etc.) for students to download by clicking Add File.
- Choose the file from your computer and select Open. The file will then be added; to remove it, click Remove. Repeat as necessary for additional files. Once all the files you want have been added, click Next.
- Review the details of your assignment/activity. Click Back to make changes and Finish to confirm. You'll receive a pop-up notification with the message Your changes have been saved.
If you need to make changes to an existing assignment or activity, including which students see it, please follow the steps to edit assignments and activities.