How do I promote students to the next grade level at the start or end of the year?
Promoting students to the next grade level ensures student lists in the Career Advisor Management System are up to date. The process of promoting students depends on if your school is Data Integrated (?).
If your school is Data Integrated, student accounts are managed through your school's Student Information System (SIS) and students are automatically promoted and graduated. Please keep your SIS up to date as this information is sent to Career Cruising during data transfers.
If your school is not Data Integrated, here's how to promote and graduate students to the next grade:
- From your Advisor Homepage, click Promote/Graduate Students under Student Administration.
- Click Graduate/Promote students to the next grade level.
- Review the Promote/Graduate Students log to ensure the students have not yet been promoted.
- A page will appear with a list of students in the highest grade at your school. Select the names of the students you want to promote/graduate.
Note: If you want to promote students who are enrolled in a lower grade without promoting the highest grade of students, click Submit without selecting any students to proceed to a list of students in the next grade level down. Repeat as necessary, ensuring the correct grade is listed on the page for the students you want to promote/graduate.
- Once the correct students are selected, click Submit. Students will be promoted/graduated, and the student list for the next grade level down will appear.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the next grade levels until you receive a pop-up confirmation with the message All grades have been processed.
If you accidentally promote students, you'll need to demote these students to return them to the correct grade:
- From your Advisor Homepage, under the Student Administration section, select Promote/Graduate Students.
- Click Demote Students to the Previous Grade Level.
- Select the students who should be at a lower grade level by checking the box beside their name under the Demote column, then click Submit.