How do I add a 5th year column for returning students?
There are three settings for adding an additional year column in Course Planner. Please pick the option in Step 3 that best meets your school's needs.
- From your Advisor Homepage, click Course Planner.
- Click General Settings.
- Beside Returning Grade, select one of three options:
None: A 5th year column will not appear.
Optional: Students or Advisors have the option to Add Column within the Course Planner.
Forced: A 5th year column will appear for every student by default.
- Click Submit. Your changes will be saved and you'll return to the Course Planner Admin homepage.
If Returning Grade is set to Optional, here's how to manually add a 5th year column for specific students:
- From your Advisor Homepage, click Search for Students.
- Enter the student's name or ID and click Submit.
- Click the View/Action drop-down menu beside the student's name and select Course Planner.
- At the bottom of the final column, select Add Column. You'll get a pop-up message Please Wait ...
- The 5th year column will be added. Use the horizontal scroll bar to scroll right if you can't see the column.