How do students create a Career Cruising account?
If your school is Data Integrated (?), students cannot create their own Career Cruising accounts. Instead, accounts are created and managed through your school's Student Information System (SIS). Please keep your SIS up to date as this information is automatically sent to Career Cruising during data transfers.
If your school is not Data Integrated, you can activate the Create New Portfolio setting for students. We advise checking with your Career Cruising Administrator or district contact before making changes to this setting. Schools manually managing student accounts may not want students to create their own accounts because it can result in duplicate and inaccurate information.
To activate the Create New Portfolio setting:
From your Advisor Homepage, click Portfolio Options.
- View the Create New Portfolio setting and change to Active. If you do not see Create New Portfolio, this setting has been deactivated for your school. Contact your Career Cruising Administrator or Client Support for more information.
Once the Create New Portfolio setting is active, students can follow these steps to create their Career Cruising accounts:
- Log in to careercruising.com with the school's basic username & password and click Sign In.
- Click Log In to My Plan.
- From the drop-down menu, select Create My Plan.
- Fill all required fields in My Information.
- Click Create My Plan to finish. Log in to careercruising.com with the new username and password.